Allen Park Police Department
- ALL paperwork and fees are collected at the Allen Park Police Department. Once ALL paperwork is complete, you will be given the release paperwork for the vehicle and may proceed to the Impound Yard.
Our Impound Yard is located on our property at:
Allen Park Police Department, 24000 W. Outer Drive, Melvindale, MI 48122
**Monday – Saturday: Call 313-386-7800, ext #2 for information on your impounded vehicle**
The Allen Park Police Department DOES NOT provide service to tow a vehicle out from our Impound Yard. If your vehicle has been impounded and needs to be towed out, you may contact your own tow service or you can call City Towing at 313-388-9200.
Vehicles are ONLY released to the registered owner or with authorization of the registered owner.
Charges for impounded vehicles are as follows:
- **If the registered owner is unable to be physically present for the release of the vehicle, authorization from the registered owner along with a copy of their photo ID is accepted by fax at 313-386-4158 or email email@example.com.
- The registered owner must fax a copy of identification and a written statement identifying the vehicle and authorizing release**
- To drive the vehicle off the lot, you MUST have valid proof of insurance and current registration/tabs.
- TOW FEE VARIES
- Administration fee: $60.00
- Storage per day (begins the day the vehicle is dropped in the impound yard): $20.00/day
- Tow fee + Administration fee + storage = Total for vehicle release
- Entering the lot is allowed for vehicle inspections for insurance purposes and/or personal property releases by the registered owner. The fee for vehicle inspections is $15.00. Initial Property Release is NO CHARGE. Subsequent Release Charge is $10.00.
**Personal property releases permit the registered owner to remove any personal belongings from the vehicle.
WE DO NOT ALLOW FOR ANYTHING ATTACHED TO THE VEHICLE TO BE REMOVED OR REPAIR WORK DONE WHILE INSIDE OUR IMPOUND YARD (i.e. rims, radio, spare tires, speakers, ect..)
If your vehicle remains in our impound yard for 30+ days, it may be deemed abandoned and sold at our next public auction.
Pistol Purchase Permits and Gun Registration:
- Purchase permits are issued if you are not purchasing from a FFL dealer and/or you do not have a CPL license- in other words, if you are purchasing from a private seller and/or inheriting a weapon after a death. Background checks are performed for purchase permits.
- A $5.00 notary fee applies
- You must return the permit within 10 days of the date of transaction.
- FFL dealers will provide you with a Pistol Sales Record upon purchase of a pistol. Please return the MSP copy to your local police department within 10 days of the transaction.
- The Records Bureau provides Pistol Sales Records for individuals purchasing with a valid CPL license. The Sales Record must be completed and signed by both the seller and the purchaser. Please return the MSP copy to your local police department within 10 days of the transaction.
- Purchase Permits and Pistol Sales Records are mailed to the Michigan State Police weekly.
If there is an issue with either, you will be contacted.
**If you are interested in applying for a CPL, you may pick up the information packet and application at the Records Bureau.
- Accident/Incident reports: $10.00
- PBT fee (Breathalyzer): $10.00
- Livescan: Fees vary, starting at $50.00 - $80.00
- Ink & Cards: Fees vary, starting at $55.00 - $80.00
- CPL Applicants/Renewal: $15.00
- FOIA/Discovery: Fees vary
- Clearance Letter (background check within the City of Allen Park): $5.00
- Personal Property Release: Initial Property Release is NO CHARGE Subsequent Release Charge is $10.00
- Vehicle Inspection: $15.00
- Impounded Vehicles:
- TOW FEE VARIES
- Administration Fee: $60.00
- Storage (beginning day vehicle is dropped in yard): $20.00/day
- Tow fee + Administration Fee + Storage = Total Impound Fees