Full-Time Firefighter/Paramedic Sept18
CITY OF ALLEN PARK
FULL-TIME FIRE FIGHTER / PARAMEDIC.
THIS POSTING REMAINS OPEN UNTIL AVAILABLE POSITIONS ARE FILLED
The City of Allen Park is now accepting applications to establish an eligibility roster for current and future employment opportunities for full time Firefighter/Paramedic
Applicants must (upon submission of application):
1. Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
2. Be a citizen of the United States.
3. Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Test (GED).
4. Have a valid Michigan driver’s license or chauffeur’s license, with a good record.
6. Must have Fire Fighter I and II, and Haz-Mat operations level certification through the Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council.
7. Must Be a State of Michigan Licensed Paramedic, and be ACLS and BLS certified.
BASIC PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
8. Must have current test scores, written and agility, from the Conference of Western Wayne Firefighter Testing Program, the EMPCO testing system, or other comparable testing entity.
Vision: Correctable to 20/20.
Weight: In proportion to height, as determined by a physical examination.
Prior to being hired candidates must pass; physical, psychological, and drug screen. An extensive background and driving record check will also be performed.
To schedule a test for these positions, you can go to either of these web sites to schedule testing:
and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take these examinations, but results of this one test will be accepted by all participating fire departments in Michigan. You must take and pass the tests by time of application.
All applicants must pass written and oral examinations with a minimum score of 75% in each examination. Final score will be cumulative with 60% weight given to the written examination and 40% to the oral examination.
How To Apply
A City of Allen Park Fire Department application is mandatory to be considered for the position; you are also encouraged to include a resume.
The Fire Department application is available online at:
Or in the Office of the City Clerk, 15915 Southfield Road, Allen Park, Michigan, 48101, 313-928-1144
All applications, along with test results and copies of required certifications, shall be submitted to the Allen Park City Clerk’s office for consideration. Scheduling of an oral interview will take place only after a completed application, and all required documentation, has been submitted.
The City Clerk’s regular office hours are 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for official Holidays.
The City of Allen Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Until Positions are Filled