Bulk Waste Collection Requests Can Now Be Made Online
City of Allen Park
Bulk Waste Pickup Priority Line
There are specific procedures to have bulk trash items picked up by Advanced Disposal in a timely fashion. Bulk pickup is for items that cannot be broken down and placed into either a trash container or a recycle container. If bulk pickup is needed, the following steps MUST BE
To request a bulk pickup, or for any trash related question, please contact
Bob Graham at 313-928-1404 or email him at email@example.com
- Bulk pickup requests must be received no later than 2:00 p.m. the day before your normal collection day.
- Up to 10 bulk items permitted and normal trash combined.
- All items to be collected by Advanced Disposal must be on the easement (away from any overhead obstructions such as wires, tree branches, etc.) no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Bulk items accepted include tables, chairs, couches, televisions, entertainment centers, recliners, mattresses, box springs, toilets, glass/mirrors properly boxed for safety purposes, carpet (cut and rolled into lengths not more than 4 feet long, and no more than 50 lbs.), small wood pieces (nails pounded down and tied/bundled) no longer than 4 feet long and 18 inches in diameter.
- No building material tear outs (construction debris/contractor materials), including dirt, sod, bricks or concrete. Riverview Landfill will accept these items.
- White Goods/Appliances such as washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, hot water tanks, refrigerators & freezers (doors removed), air conditioners, humidifiers, de-humidifiers, etc., WITHOUT FREON, are accepted. HOWEVER, any items containing Freon require a $55 sticker for special handling that can be purchased at City Hall.
- No tires, compost, electronics or hazardous waste material is accepted (see Wayne County website for Household Hazardous Waste Collection days and locations, or follow the city website at www.cityofallenpark.org or our Facebook page at City of Allen Park – Government).