15915 Southfield Road
Allen Park, MI 48101
Deb Zettel, Administrative Assistant
- Chief Executive Head for all ceremonial purposes.
- Presiding Officer of Council and votes on all matters.
- Upon declaration of emergency by Council, Mayor has power of Sheriffs to suppress riot and disorder and to recruit citizens to aid enforcement.
- Mayor and City Clerk shall sign all contracts and instruments authorized by Council, Charter, State and Federal Law.
- Mayor recommends to Council all persons for appointed positions.
Gail McLeod has lived in Allen Park for over 40 years. She has three children and two grandchildren.
A graduate of the University of Detroit with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Personnel, she began her career at General Motors on the Sales and Marketing Staff. After her children were in school, she returned to General Motors where she then spent over 20 years in Personnel, serving as the Human Resources Manager for Corporate Staffs, including HR Manager on the GM Legal Staff. Following retirement, she served as a consultant and Office Manager at a Detroit law firm.
Gail served as Co-Chair of the Emergency Manger's Advisory Committee; facilitated Vision Plan meetings with Allen Park residents and assisted in creating the Allen Park Vision Plan. She is a founding member of the Allen Park Citizens Civic Fund (APCCF) and currently serves on the Board of Directors as Secretary.
Year End Remarks