Office Clerical Worker
Supervised By: Assigned Department Director
Supervises: No supervisory responsibility
Under the supervision of the assigned department director, provides administrative and clerical support to the department. Handles routine administrative functions, interacts with the public and other employees, and maintains department records.
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
Depending on the assigned department, the employee may perform any or all of the duties listed below.
Required Knowledge. Skills. Abilities and Minimum qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
- Greets and assists visitors, and receives, screens, and directs phone calls. Responds to routine resident and customer inquiries and assists the public with a broad range of department issues and needs.
- Serves as a liaison between the public and the department. Provides general information regarding department operations and policies. Resolves issues independently and coordinates more complex issues with the department director or other staff as needed.
- Accepts payments and issues receipts for the City and/or departmental accounts receivables. Balances cash drawer, posts payments, and forwards funds to appropriate department.
- Provides standard administrative support for the assigned department. Prepares correspondence, records, documents, reports, and other related information. Types, copies, enters data, and completes other projects as assigned.
- Provides general clerical assistance including sorting and distributing mail, filing, photocopying and scanning, preparing mailings, and other related tasks.
- Compiles data, performs research, prepares reports, and completes special projects as assigned. Prepares and maintains related documents.
- Maintains up-to-date records, databases, and various filing systems. Secures the confidentiality of files, documents, and other information according to established protocol. Processes information requests according to established procedures.
- Prepares, screens, proofreads, and routes standard correspondence, documents, forms and reports. Maintains absolute confidentiality of sensitive information, personnel data, and matters of policy or decision making.
- Inventories office supplies, department uniforms, and other items as assigned. Submits order requests, coordinates uniform orders, and restocks supplies.
- Assists in coding accounts payable invoices. Receives invoices, obtains approvals, and forwards for payment to appropriate department.
- Assists in preparing invoices, utility bills, tax bills, and/or other receivables. Makes collection calls as necessary.
- Assists with verifying department timesheets and preparing data for payroll processing. Maintains records of overtime, paid leave, and other personnel data.
- Maintains training records. Registers department staff for required and/or development training programs. Makes necessary travel arrangements as needed.
- Maintains water billing accounts and researches discrepancies as necessary.
- Assists the public with police reports. Prepares police-related documents and forward them to court. Performs data entry related to citations and vehicle impounds. Assists in preparing statistical and operation data for police and fire reporting.
- Assists in collecting, assembling, and distributing bid packages for various projects. Collects, organizes, and records incoming bids for review.
- Assists in maintaining and updating department website.
- Performs other related work as required.
Pay & Benefits
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience in an office setting performing administrative or clerical duties. Previous experience in a municipal setting preferred.
- Knowledge of general office operations and administrative and clerical procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of City services, organizational structure, and general municipal operations to effectively direct and assist the public.
- Excellent customer services skills, including responding diplomatically to customer complaints.
- Skill in maintaining detailed and organized records, and generating related reports.
- Skill in the use of office equipment and technology, including computers and a variety of related software, and the ability to master new technologies.
- Ability to type and enter data with speed and accuracy.
- Pay rate starts at $13.86 an hour.
- Tentative Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Medical, Dental & Vision after 30 days.
- Paid Vacation Days, Sick Days and Holidays.
How To Apply
The City of Allen Park is accepting applications for a full-time Office Clerical Worker.
Employment application are available on-line by Clicking on the link below.
Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com. Please put in subject line: Office Clerical Worker. Applications accepted until June 18, 2018 at 4:30 PM.
The City of Allen Park does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, social economic status, age or disability.
June 18, 2018 - 4:30 p.m.